24.5.20

Pi Zero Print Server

I can't believe it! I actually finished a project the same day that I started it. A while back I won a Raspberry Pi Zero W in a promotional competition for Zipcar, and today I set it up as a wireless print server.



I tried to cover the bases with my suggestions for what I might do with a free Pi Zero. I'm not 100% sure which was the winning entry, but one idea was about ten thousand times better than the others, and it was suggested to me by University of Pennsylvania sleep researcher Ron Anafi.


What I actually did was... several years of nothing, during which I grew increasingly exasperated by having to drag my laptop to the upstairs office to print anything out, before finally deciding to follow a pretty good tutorial on setting up a wireless print server on my Raspberry Pi.

Getting a free Pi Zero in the mail was terrific, but the icing on the cake was getting lots of handy little accessories. I needed all of them for the project, and I can't tell you how amazing it felt not to wait 6 weeks for various bits to come from China!

No comments:

Post a Comment